Category:Metal Cutting Tools
Multi Bit - Step Drill Bit
High-grade cobalt step bit
Cut holes in steel, sheet metal, thin acrylic sheets, plywood, and plastic laminate with these high-quality step drill bits. Whether you’re laying out a panel or enlarging knockouts, Multi Bits will deliver exact, clean results.
Made of durable high-grade cobalt and featuring up to 13 steps (depending on bit size), these bits are handy and reliable, making them a must-have for any electrician.
Attach the step bit to your drill or press and use the measurement markings to find your desired step. As you move further up the Multi Bit, the step diameter increases incrementally, allowing you to pinpoint and achieve the hole size you want.
Choose your Size
- PRACTICAL – Drill up to 13 different-sized holes with one bit. Featuring the most common hole diameters, these step drill bits are like having several bits in one. Do more while carrying less.
- DURABLE – Each Multi Bit is made of high-grade cobalt which improves wear resistance, heat resistance, corrosion resistance, and hardness. These bits will keep their cutting edge for a long time and remain incredibly strong, making them the perfect step drill bits for metal.
- CONVENIENT – The #MLT1 & #MLT3 models of the Multi Bit have a hex shank to be used with quick-change drills. Quick-change drills save huge amounts of time over the course of a job by helping you work faster and more efficiently.
Step drills are the most efficient way to cut holes in aluminum or steel electrical panels, especially when you are laying out a panel and need to cut several holes of varied sizes. Rack-A-Tiers Multi Bits are also perfect for enlarging electrical box knockouts to fit your cable clamp or conduit fitting.
Step Bits excel at many other hole-cutting tasks:
- Cut holes in plastic laminate countertops, surface wall panels, and doors.
- Cut holes in thin plywood without splintering for clean DIY work.
- Cut holes in acrylic sheets to make for easy home improvement projects like acrylic shelving, greenhouses or kitchen backsplashes.
Pair these step drill bits with the Rack-A-Tiers Chip Catcher or Dirt Bag to make work even easier. Use either of those tools to instantly collect metal shavings as you drill, saving you time on clean-up.